Re: [PyrNet-L] Air travel.....

Okay, looks like air travel needs to be discussed.  With most airlines you
can add a big dog crate for $50.00 over the usual ticket price.  No the
airline doesn't furnish anything.  At some airports Delta will have crate
to sell, you will also need a health certificate from a vet within 10 days
of the flight, They also require that a water dish be inside the door,
these come with the crates.  News paper makes a real nice absorbent pad,
also required.  Crate must have labels attached for shipper and
destination.  must also have live Animal labels on 3 sides,  Airlines
ticket agents have these.
I have shipped many dogs with very few problems,  I prefer Delta, but have
also used AA.  If the dog is very nervous you can get some Dramamine and
give it the adult dose on the label or get some Ace Promazine from your vet
when you get the health papers.  On these papers there must be a
Acclamation statement from the vet saying what temperatures this animal can
tolerate without harm.  Don't forget the metabolism for a Pyrenees is much
slower so it doesn't take as much,  for a dog 50 lbs or more 1/2 of a 10mg
tablet is plenty.  for a grown dog 1 25 mg is usually sufficient.
Air Freighting is a good way to go but the airlines insist you adhere to
the rules, they will also want you there 2 hours before the plane leaves.
	If I have left anything out just ask.
Beverly Coate
C&C Farms  Stigler Oklahoma   USA
bcoate@cwis.net