Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Chat: Alberts construction story

Janice, your story is wonderful, and reminds me of a couple of my own. On
Saturday, I was putting together one of those bookcases that come in a
kit, and Ivy Rose just *had* to be right where I was. First, she managed
to step in the tray in which I'd laid out all the hardware. Then she laid
literally across the shelves I'd spread out ready to install hardward. And
she remained there as I, one by one, slid a shelf out from under her to
work on it. She's the same with the vacuum or lawnmower--she'll stay put
even up to being nudged with either one.
My other story occurred about 5 years ago, when Paddington was a puppy. We
went in the late afternoon to a local park where a number of dogs always
gathered for "play group," and arrived before our other buddies. But the
park staff had raked up a huge pile of autumn leaves, and a woman was
looking on while her 2-year-old son played in the leaves. Paddington stood
and watched for a moment, then recognized another "puppy" and went leaping
over to join the game. He'd do play bows to the child, who would clap his
hands in glee and turn in circles, upon which Paddington would jump in the
air and run around in a circle, then they'd both start tossing leaves up
into the air and chasing them as they fell. As the child's mother said,
"where is the camcorder when you really need one?" We alternated between
gales of laughter at their antics, and being moved to tears by the
wonderful interaction between these two young ones. I'll never forget the
memory or the image of the two of them delighting in one another's
company.
Ann W