Re: [PyrNet-L] Midnight battle on the Pasture front.

You know I think every breed was developed with a specific
purpose in mind and they all have some inherit instinct of some
type.  So, when they aren't out doing their original jobs it's the
owner's responsibility to cultivate and redirect that inherit instinct
into some useful purpose whatever that may be.  Now Sonny used
to be swapped in and out of pastures as a lgd when he was with
his breeder.  Now I don't seem to see where he misses it one bit.
But then he's kept a little too busy to be really concerned about his
past life and seems to enjoy his current one.  And frankly I'm
usually too busy to post other than I'm at a home with a bug of
some type.  Sonny's off to shows and goes to obedience classes
training and has been learning carting and starts draft classes
again next week.  He will be seen at some future pyr draft test
working on getting his titles and he's gonna give it his best try
when he does.  I also belong to a carting club and he'll be seen out
at events and parades once his training is complete just like my
newf is now.  Now what really bothers me is I'm always asked he's
a pyrenees...... they're not good obedience dogs, they're not good
this and they're not good that and you mean he enjoys it.  Frankly,
I get real tired of hearing this!  And I decided not to tell Sonny he's
not supposed to be good at what he's doing either.  He's coming
along just as well in draft as my newf did who has her draft title and
he's training up against our newf draft training.

Janice, janices@jump.net
Admiral & Bianca....newf & pyr.....we're retired.....we get to do
what we want.....hehehe
Linsey & Sonny.....newf & pyr.....nobody told us we couldn't do it