Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr Questions

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 clhenke@juno.com wrote:

> 	We have been totally fascinated with the flexibility of these
> dogs per size.  Having the four, watching them play is entertainment in
> itself.  It seems nothing for them to do a standing jump right over one
> another.  Is this flexibility part of this breed, and do they retain it?

It will vary, Cindy. We have a recently-acquired 6 year old female who
continues to act like a 6 *month* old puppy. She's smallish, light (70#),
fast, agile, poor Paddington (5 year old, 32", 130#) doesn't stand a
chance. She jumps over him, slips under him, runs circles round him, and
is so funny that we find it extraordinarily difficult ever to scold her!
We justify what we spend on our dogs by insisting that they indeed *are*
our entertainment!

 > Can the breed be barky? So far, single Pyr. owners
tell me that
> their dogs are very quiet.  I would expect that multiples may encourage
> more vocalization.  But mine  for the most part can really get going.
> That same smaller female of mine is one of those that actually has to
> have the last word!  What she lacks in size she makes up for in
> personality!!  The thing is, you can't get mad at them, they are such a
> social happy lot!

I think ours bark more because there are two, so maybe you'll get more of
that with four. What *I* seem to observe is that they'll both bark at
anything either one decides needs attention. It's more the case that a
single bark from Paddington can set Ivy Rose off than the other way
round.

Good luck with yours--they sound wonderful! I'd love to have space for
more, but am happy doting on the two we have, also both neutered and
strictly companions.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose>