[PyrNet-L] Care: Easy clean-up (non pyr)

Hi Gang,
I put a litterbox in the master bath for our 16 yr. old cat.
He'd started using the throw rugs!!  I think he feels secure
hidden in the pillows and never wants to leave the bedroom.
Anyway, can someone suggest a hand held vac that actually
works?  I need something for easy pick up of the litter that he kicks
around everytime he uses the box.  I'd like a plug in model for the
wall socket.
The add-on 'splash guard' for the box won't help.  He has a hard time
aiming
within the entire open box!!
Thanks,
Cindy Zellick & Saulie (who's too old to play with the pups)
Chico, CA USA