[PyrNet-L] Lymphoma/Clondike Update

Clondike is an 11 year-old Pyr bitch who has undergone chemotherapy for
lymphoma.  She is 6 months post-diagnosis and has been in remission for 14
weeks post-chemo, 10 weeks post-treatment with monoclonal antibodies.

Unfortunately at yesterday's visit to the oncologist her lymph nodes were
found to be enlarged.  We have started a new cycle of chemo to try to
re-induce remission and have re-introduced a Chinese herbal cancer support
formula.  For many dogs this would be a minor setback, but considering
Clondike's near fatal reaction to Adriamycin (the most effective chemo
agent for lymphoma), we will probably not subject her to it
again--lessening her chances for a long remission.

While we knew the odds were against a long remission, we had let ourselves
hope that all the supplementary therapies would stretch it out, so Nancy
and I are discouraged.  Clondike, on the other hand, feels fine and
wonders what all the fuss is about.

We'll keep you posted,

David

 David Kintsfather              | PHONE:       (610) 683-4497
 Dept. of Telecommunications    | FAX:         (610) 683-4659
 Kutztown University            | INTERNET:    kintsfat@kutztown.edu
 PO Box 730                     |   "We need not think alike to love alike."
 Kutztown, PA  19530-0730       |                Francis David