[PyrNet-L] Flock Guardian Pyr Problem

I forward this message from today's FlockGuard digest for your consideration:

Date:    Tue, 15 Dec 1998 16:22:12 -0500
From:    Jeannine Depalma <foxfirefarms@FREEWWWEB.COM>
Subject: Urgent: Need help In Nebraska/ Save L.G.D

**Prevent rescue - Support breeders who spay/neuter and microchip**

Hello looking for anyone who lives in the state of NEbraska

We have a l.g.d in a shelter on Death row.
For a first bite offence. MAY be KILLED by this Friday.

We are in the process of comfirmning which breed it is.
Could be Polish Tatra or great pys?/

Dog is Fixed male 5 years old. Non dog agressive. Livestock guardian
was working with large group of livestock untill incident.
140lb great looking male...name dont count on my spelling Bookshi.
He prefers Man over woman..

Without getting into legalities of case.
Stange Visitor( Woman) was bit in house after she was asked not to touch dog.
Dog has never bitten ANYONE before this. Woman was not in any condition to be
around a lgd. Lets leave it at that.

Due to the severity of bite judge ordered dog killed.
Owner put up$10,000 cash bond to save dog..
Owner realizes his mistake by not putting dog away. Will do anything to see
the dog saved . Has had L.G.Ds for many years without incident. Most of his
dogs are rescues.

Calls have been placed to
judge L/M
owner  back & forth
humane society holding him. checking for tattoo

& to Carol wood who has indincated if it is a tatra she will get the dog.
So please dont call her about this dog. SHE KNOWS.

1.What we may need is if the judges doesnt want to let the dog leave state &
insists on destroying him..
Help in convincing him other wise.

2.& since Carol has NO people in Nebraska .WE need a MAN to help TRANSPORT
dog.

3,If he comfirms to be something else than tatra we will need urgent placement
help

The specific on phone #s & case will be made public If the JUdge does not
agree to work out a deal with us..
Please email list or me
Jeannine De Palma
foxfirefarms@freewwweb.com

Sorry about urgency but we only have 48 hrs to next court appearance of owner,
Than it will be too late.

*****
Gerry, Travis and Sugar