Re: [PyrNet-L] Flock Guardian Pyr Problem

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:36:21 -0600, clhenke@juno.com wrote:

>Mitzie, are you upset that the dog bit or that he weighs 140 lbs.  You
>say it like it is some magical number.  I can assure you that small dogs
>can do a tremendous amount of damage, so I think in this case we really
>need to determine just what this dog is accused of doing.  I understand
>the communication to infer that the dog has bit once?  This makes it a
>biter?

I'm not even going to argue the rest of your post because it's not going to change
how either of us feel. But-as for the above, the original post said the dog weighed
140 lbs, not me. How much do you want to bet that a 140 lb dog could do alot
more damage than a 30 lb dog? (AS A RULE, ok?) No sense people telling me how
their mother-in-law's father's brother's cousin's half-sister had a 30 lb dog who did
as much damage as a 140 lb dog.
That's alot of dog. It's more than the average woman weighs and it's more than
almost ANY woman I know can lift. I can lift a 70 lb and fling it out of the way if I
have to, not so with a 140 lb dog.
Anyway, it does no good to argue. They'll always be those that think aggressive
dogs should be kept alive no matter what and there'll always be those that believe
there's too many nice dogs to waste time, money and energy on an aggressive one.
As it is, I've already wasted more time in writing about this aggressive Pyr than he
deserves.
You hope he lives, I hope he dies. No matter what either of us think it's not going
to affect the outcome (unless you're going to drive to NE and get him).
Truce.
Mitzi Potter
Pyrs@Prodigy.net