Re: [PyrNet-L] Flock Guardian Pyr Problem

I had a Pyr that bit. Bit a 2 year old in the face. Could have taken her
eye but thank God he didn't. It ended up in a lawsuit with a patout of
almost $90,000.00. Was not intentional. However, when being handled
after the incident he was very aggressive with everyone but me. He tried
to bite again. He was destroyed. I have had dogs for better than 30
years although not Pyrs. Some dogs are just downright vicious. As are
some people. Some dogs need to be destroyed. Mine certainly did. Some
dogs, whether it be because of poor breeding, poor training or chemical
imbalance can never be rehabilitated. Rescue has to do what is best for
the Breed as a whole. If saving one dog's life means breed specific
anti-dog legislation (and this does occur) then the dog must go.
Specifics are important. Without them no-one can make an intelligent
decision. Hopefully those people involved will do the right thing for
the dog and for the breed as a whole. I am for saving any dog that
deserves saving. (I'm fostering a very sweet rescue bitch right now) But
some dogs don't deserve saving. I know. I had one.

Barb Bowes, NJ