Re: [PyrNet-L] A few questions.

Hi folks, a few more Pyr questions if I may?  These are those things you
ponder as you watch the great bear children play, or lay cuddled in a
nest of Pyrs, sucking every bit of heat you can from them!

In other breeds you remove the dew claws to avoid possible future injury.
 Not so with our double-dew gang.  Does it appear that they have stronger
dews?  In your experience do they injure them much?  I ask because I am
fascinated watching mine actually use them a lot.  If the foot slips,
they actually hang by those dews  ( I am sure that is what nature
intended in their original environment ), but it does make me cringe at
times ( think about hanging from your pinkie digit....yikes ), and I
wonder if they are in fact stronger?

Also, could anyone give me the measurement of an adult male head,
measured from the occipital bone at an angle to the jaw, just in front of
the ear ( or roughly at the deepest point in that area?  I am sure you
have nothing better to do a few days before Christmas, l.o.l.:),  So I
will understand if you think this one is rather a crazy request!  On the
other hand...it's fun!  Or I hope your Pyr. will think so?

And at what age do they become mature adults? between the cold that hit
Texas, and being 9 mo. young,  I sure wish I had a fraction of their
energy right now!  I want to Hibernate, and they are in their element!
Will I survive till they hit maturity?:)

Thanks Y'all, And a very happy holiday season to you all!  Cindy and the
gang.
Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]