Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT, Rescue: Vicious dog

>I was going to stay out of this, but I feel compelled to respond to
>something that is not clear.  The woman that was bitten was not an elderly
>woman.  She was a young woman and she was intoxicated.  This particular dog
>came from a shelter, therefore not much is known about the background,
>temperament, etc.
>Karen Reiter
>kreiter@servtech.com
>Fairport, NY USA

Karen,  are you saying that because this was a young intoxicated woman, the
owner should be released from his responsibilities while she was a guest of
his?
I don't understand why there are some who still want to make an issue of
saving
this dog.  It has been stated that the owner knew this dog was a danger to
women.
The boarding kennel that has been taking care of the dog has stated that it
is
clearly vicious. It was mentioned that a man will be needed for transport
because
of the danger to women.  The court has deemed the animal to be dangerous....
Why is there persistence to save this dangerous dog?  Why not think of future
un expecting people who cross the path of this dog, or to take it further,
the next
drunk young woman....

I am glad the dog was not a pyr, however I do own mine for protection, but
if I
find that I could not trust him when the electric or gas man comes or when my
boy brings his friends over to play in the yard, then the dog is no longer an
asset to me.  Instead, he becomes a liability, and as a responsible citizen
I would
have to take the necessary steps to protect innocent people.

Tim Parks.