[PyrNet-L] Beating a dead horse (Was: CHAT, Rescue: Vicious dog)

In a message dated 12/27/98 3:55:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kreiter@servtech.com writes:

<< Well, if it didn't matter, then why did you keep referring to the woman as
 elderly?  The label "elderly" adds sympathy to the post, thereby making
 people feel sorry for the bite victim and not the dog.  >>

Janice Vocke responds:
   WHY??? Because people were babbling on about bratty kids in theatres and
restaurants and  pounding mailboxes!!! And being in pools!!!  That is why I
said it was an elderly woman AFTER SOMEONE ELSE said she was old or older!!  I
was trying to keep the facts straight, although on this one small point I
failed because of someone else's wrong info. I am sorry that I printed
something wrong, but I am certainly not the only person that did and it did no
real harm.  I admitted it when I was told then woman's age! If we had all the
info in the beginning this would not have happened!
Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com