Re: [PyrNet-L] Non-pyr: pit fightnig

<< Although I believe the breed
 has been bred for aggression and personally would not trust
 a pit bull to any degree, the ultimate reflection is on those
 who have the mentality to pursue this "sport". >>

I have a friend who raises Pits. She has about 20 dogs, some have been rescued
off fight yards. Her "House Dog" was a dog that was rescued from fighting. She
was not taken care of, underweight and looked awful. She is one of the nicest
dogs I have seen. Pit bulls are "dog" aggressive, and not so much "human"
aggressive. They have a bad rap because of the ignorant humans that raise
them. I would trust any of the pits I have met. They are actually a wonderful
breed. Very intelligent and generally good natured. The few we see at the
vet's office I work for are a pleasure to work with. I was afraid of the breed
untill I met my friend, and I have a completely different outlook now.

Melissa, Maddie, Samson and Tanner