Re: [PyrNet-L] Non-pyr: pit fightnig

> I have a friend who raises Pits.

    I have a neighbor who raises them. Liza has never had a problem with
any of them. With the exception of one of her bitches being bitchy and a
little too assertive with someone that was very overly and immediately
friendly. She had told the person of the situation and they got overly
exuberant anyway. No harm done though! I have met all of her Pit Bull's
they are really kinda' cute and very friendly. The last litter the girl
had was so awesome that I spent hour's playing with them. Especially to
help socialize the 2 shy puppies. <g>.

> She has about 20 dogs, some have been rescued
> off fight yards. Her "House Dog" was a dog that was rescued from
> fighting. She
> was not taken care of, underweight and looked awful. She is one of the
> nicest
> dogs I have seen. Pit bulls are "dog" aggressive, and not so much
> "human"
> aggressive.

    Ditto.

> They have a bad rap because of the ignorant humans that raise
> them.

    Ditto! There are no bad dog's, just bad owner's!

> I would trust any of the pits I have met. They are actually a
> wonderful
> breed. Very intelligent and generally good natured. The few we see at
> the
> vet's office I work for are a pleasure to work with. I was afraid of
> the breed
> untill I met my friend, and I have a completely different outlook now.

    I was a little dubious of them too, until I met Liza's.
      Happy pyr '99!
      Judith, Jonah & Lexington