[PyrNet-L] Re: Bunny-Crunching

Guys, I gotta ask - even though the post I refer to here was many week ago:

My wife and I do not have a Pyr as yet; if anything, I am still on the long campaign trail to
convince her that I really DO want one (whatever it takes - but a properly-bred one, at that).

I've been following this list for over 8 months now, and have asked a couple of questions on
it.
One post in particular disturbed me though.

Can't remember who it was or exactly when, but it was along these lines:

Someone's Pyr took an interest to the rabbit they had in a cage in the back yard. It got a
little *too* interested, however - and reached into the cage with its head and - I quote -
"crunched poor bunny". Now, the tone of the e-mail was as if it was all a joke, that a Pyr had
put its head in a cage and crushed a rabbit with its big jaws.

These are dogs which everyone I get info from praises for their love of living things, saying
they'll "protect every living thing on the property"; the story of the wooly bears (big
caterpillars) and how Patou the Pyr saved them from the nasty geese springs to mind also.
THESE stories typify the idea - of what constitutes a "good" Pyr - that I have formed, and
will be buying by.

Please, someone, tell me that post was some sort of a pun or joke? You guys don't really think
a pyr that crunches a pet rabbit is a good thing, do ya? I noted that nearly nobody replied to
that particular post in subsequent days, so I really don't know what to make of it.

Thanks
Michael Bishop
Agarthan@uq.net.au