Re: [PyrNet-L] Agression fear

In a message dated 1/1/99 1:17:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, dgg@star-
telegram.com writes:

<< The grain of
 truth is in the fact that Pyrs are a dog-aggressive breed. >>

Not sure I would agree with this completely.  We house our dogs together.
Mostly males intact cannot be housed together and Alpha bitches.  Otherwise
they really get along great.

One must realize that historically they almost always worked with other Pyrs
and almost always had small dogs that herded and helped guard as well.  I
don't consider them any more dog aggressive than I do human aggressive.  I
speak of the breed as a whole and not individual dogs.

Joe