Re: [PyrNet-L] Agression fear

JGentzel@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/1/99 1:17:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, dgg@star-
> telegram.com writes:
>
> << The grain of
>  truth is in the fact that Pyrs are a dog-aggressive breed. >>
>
> Not sure I would agree with this completely.  We house our dogs together.
> Mostly males intact cannot be housed together and Alpha bitches.  Otherwise
> they really get along great.
>
> One must realize that historically they almost always worked with other Pyrs
> and almost always had small dogs that herded and helped guard as well.  I
> don't consider them any more dog aggressive than I do human aggressive.  I
> speak of the breed as a whole and not individual dogs.
>
> Joe

Willow does not guard a herd of anything...other than my 2 other dogs and my
grandchildren...but my family is a family of dog lovers...we celebrate all
holidays with the dogs in attendance. This past Christmas we had 6 dogs in the
house, 2 of which Willow had not met before...the dogs ran in (1 male, 1 female)
without so much as an introduction (my son's fault) and there was not so much as
a raised hackle or a skirmish. Now, I realize that all dogs to not react to new
dogs and situations as my Willow does; however, I don't see the Pyr as an
aggressive dog...now, my GSD, he's a different story...I have to very carefully
introduce him to new dogs...he has a very macho attitude!

Willow goes to work with me and at my place of business she is gentle, kind and
interested in all customers and the dogs that they bring into the shop for
grooming...Guess I'm just lucky? Guess she's just a sweetie? Don't know...but I
do know that she is the light of my life and a very special addition (rescue) to
my family...

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, neighborhood busy body,
Tony III, my companion, my protector, and