Re: [PyrNet-L] What do I need now?

> >  I leave dry
> > kibble & water in the crate, their cave!
>
> You do? It always has been my understanding that you don't put food
> and
> water in the crate when the pup is being housebroken

   Hi,    I do. Not at night! I feed little ones like you do not past a
certain hour. Early on I was told that pyrenees more than other breed
need water at all times. So, this means a few more night trip's to let
them urinate. I don't mind. They get their last water about an hour
before my bedtime. When I cannot watch the pup during he day, which
isn't often, I do leave the food and water. For the very young ones I
also keep an eye on their schedule to do their business fairly well. I
find that the food help's them to accept the dreaded crate. Of course,
in Lexi's case nothing, absolutely nothing helped. She is one of those
rare uncratable pyr's. Oh well!
    Judith