Re: [PyrNet-L] What do I need now?

judith diamond wrote:

>  I leave dry
> kibble & water in the crate, their cave!

You do? It always has been my understanding that you don't put food and
water in the crate when the pup is being housebroken...kinda sets the little
guy up for failure...although, I have to admit that when I was training my
spaniel (6 yrs. ago), I did put in food and water; however, I came home at
lunch to let her out to relieve herself and to play with her. I never did
put food or water in their crate (any of my dogs) in the evening...after
about 6 p.m. I wanted them to be fairly "empty" before bedtime...I am so
fortunate now that I can take my dogs to work with me...makes me want
another pupper...but I want to keep my sanity, too!!!

>    You could take the puppy to the dog shop and measure it there.

The general rule of thumb is measure around the dog/pup's neck and add 3
inches; however, with a growing puppy it won't fit very long! When my dog's
grow out of theirs I clean the collar up and donate it to our local
shelter...

>     All around my pyr's most loved toy's seem to be the fleece ones.
> Jonah, still has and loves his first fleece toy.

Willow loves her fleecy toys and also her ball...she isn't all that good at
fetch but she does love to bat it around and chase it...almost like a
cat...really cute to watch!

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, neighborhood busy body,
Tony III, my companion, my protector, and