[PyrNet-L] People allergic to their Pyrs.

In a message dated 1/4/99 3:24:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, TLehrman@aol.com
writes:

<< Oh Kristi, it's not too late too find him a home where he wont be an
allergen! >>

    Or have you checked into medications for allergies?  I find a Rainbow
Vaccuum helps as it traps the allergens in water so they are not released back
into the home. Plus I brush the pets outside whenever possible. I make sure
the dog's bedding is washable. Yet still there is lots of hair. I am allergic
to dog and cat fur both and both I and my 12 yr. old son have asthma. Hubby is
allergic to Albert, too. Yet we do what we can and take medications when we
get real bad.  Even have a nebulizer machine to save on trips to the ER to use
theirs. I do not let the animals sleep on our beds, though. As that seems to
be the worst for us. We have found that we do better with short-haired cats
instead of long-haired cats. (Yet if another Maine Coon Cat ever needs a home
I'll gladly volunteer as I loved ours we had for 14 years so!) Pyrs are
definitely worse than many breeds as far as allergic reactions they trigger.
Albert has a doghouse outside in his pen, but he has slept inside when it's
really cold and is inside a lot. Everyone has to do what works for them, and
if you have to have yours outside please kennel it or keep it in a large 6
foot high pen to keep it safe. For us living without animals is not an option.
Guess we are gluttons for punishment!  We even travel in a travel trailer with
Albert!!  That can get real rough allergy-wise!  Always take our nebulizer
machine! (It works in electrical outlets, cigarette lighter, or on batteries!)
The main time I sweat it is if I am acting in a play. Then during dress
rehearsal and performance weeks I am really more careful allergy-wise.  Keep
animals out more, vaccuum more and medicate more, to keep throat and voice and
breathing capacity in tip-top shape and sniffles, etc. to a minimum.

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.