Re: [PyrNet-L] Care, Behavior: agression btw male sibs

While I agree that it is difficult to have two Pyrs in the same household, I
just want to remind everyone that it *can* be done.  Aslan and Paddy did not
get along at all for the first 2-3 months, however, with much patience,
perseverance and determination, these two adult, neutered boys became friends.

One of my most special memories is of the "blizzard" of 1996 when Aslan and
Paddy built snow forts together.  Paddy did the "muscle" work and then let
Aslan lay on top as long as he wanted.  When Aslan was done, the crashed the
fort together and snowplowed the snow.

No, this was not an easy transition and many times I knew I had completely
gone daft for having to adult males, but in the end, it was worth it.

Paddy is still with me and doing fine for now.  No, he does *not* like his
Tibbie brother, Buddy, but he does tolerate his Tibbie brother Travis.  We
maintain a close eye on the boys and do the best we can.  For the most part
everyone knows their place and seldom to they ever cross the wrong lines.

Speak with your vet, and if you can, consult a canine behaviorist.  There are
many affiliated with universities who will do consultations for very
reasonable fees.  You never know what you will learn.

Stephanie and Paddy
pyrmom@aol.com