Re: [PyrNet-L] Care, Behavior: aggression btw male sibs update/??'s

Michelle, first off let me say that I am highly impressed with the effort
you are putting into these two fellows.  It sounds like they did not have
a good start in life, and you have a lot to do to get them in shape.  I
really applaud your efforts, you deserve a lot of credit!

I assume you mean they put their mouth on you when you say mouthy, rather
than verbal back talk?  I have two that back talk, not in an aggressive
way, just because they think they should have the last word.  If the are
actually putting their mouths on you, then maybe the idea about the
bitter apple might help?  Or sprit zing them with a water bottle?

Do you show your teeth and growl when you do the alpha?  This always
feels so foolish, but it does add to the whole alpha thing.  And yes I
know it is hard to pull off on large dogs, that dropping them business
becomes real work!  Again, I give you credit!  Keep letting us know how
it goes.  Sure sounds like you are working hard at it!  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]