Re: [PyrNet-L] Chat: Summer clip

<< The coat is not meant to be sheared off and does not grow back correctly
for
 the breed standard. >>

One spring after a litter my bitch blew her coat almost completely. Well, when
the summer came, she was miserable. She had to stay inside in the AC as much
as possible and we put a baby pool out for her to get in outside. (this is
something we have done every year that we have had Pyrs) I live in central GA,
in the middle of the woods next to a lake. So it does not get as hot here as
in some places. But my Pyrs seem to be much happier with their coats. I have
never clipped them, I work for a vet and all of the long coated breeds have
their coats for a purpose. They blow their coats a little in the summer. I
wouldn't clip them. And I agree, in the vets office we see all kind of dogs
shaved down that should probably keep their coat. But most of those are house
dogs that never have to worry about the heat or cold. :) Just my $.02

Melissa, Maddie, Samson, Tanner (the wonder brittany as of yesterday), and
Miss No name yet