[PyrNet-L] Care, Health: Puppy Mill Survey

I came across this on an AOL message board.

PLEASE CROSS POST THIS INFORMATION to every dog list you are
on and to
every person you know who has one or more of the breeds kept
at the
puppy mill in Lyles, Tennessee (breeds listed below).

---------------------------------------

Patricia Adkisson, the owner of the alleged "puppy mill" in
Lyles,
Tennessee has stated in court that over the last 18 months she
spent
$8,000 in medical expenses and $11,000 in food costs over an
18 month
period for the 303 dogs plus 38 horses, 30 goats and 20ish
cats on her
property.  For all these animals, that comes out to about a
per animal
cost of $1.53 per month for food, and about $1.10 per month
for medical
care.

We want to find out how much is spent for food and medical
expenses by
breeders who have the same breeds that Ms. Adkisson kept on
her
property.  We
expect to see a rather dramatic difference between breeders'
expenses
and Ms.
Adkisson's expenses ... and we would like to furnish the final
figures
of this
cost comparison both to the  Nashville newspaper, the
Tennessean, and
also to
the District Attorney of Hickman County, where the puppy mill
case is in
litigation.  Ms. Adkisson's attorney has said that she is
guilty of
nothing but "being too kind to her dogs."  We have a different
opinion,
and would like to offer the District Attorney evidence that
she has not
taken proper care of her dogs and must not get them back.
Will you help
us?

If you live in the United States ...

And if you breed any of these breeds:  Afghan Hound, Bichon
Frise,
Boxer,
Chihuahua, Chinese Crested, Chow, Cocker, Collie, Corgi,
Golden
Retriever,
Labrador Retriever, Manchester Terrier, Miniature Dachshund,
Miniature
Pinscher, Papillon, Pomeranian, Poodle, Pug, Schipperke,
Schnauzer,
Siberian
Husky, Shih Tzu and Yorkshire Terrier ...

You are invited to participate in our cost-of-breeding survey!

All information will remain confidential.

The URL for the survey is

http://www.tcsn.net/ddavis/puppyrescue1.html

This survey is sponsored by a group of friends fighting
against puppy
mills and for the rights of less fortunate dogs everywhere who
deserve a
much better life ... and who are "Dying for Love".  We would
like to
thank you in advance for participating.

Denise, Denise, Gena, Lois, Marlene and Pastor Ray

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, neighborhood busy body,
Tony III, my companion, my protector, and