Re: [PyrNet-L] Racoons Anyone?

<<  But best of all, any one have
 any suggestions that would not be dangerous to Cajun or any other
 wildlife but that will keep him off the deck and out of the yard?

Good luck, racoons are stubborn, inquisitive, pesky little critters, and
they're not always so little! In addition, they can carry rabies and give a
really nasty bite
when provoked. I'd rent a coonhound before I sic'd a pyr on his fuzzy little
butt.
Eliminating ALL potential food sources for him will usually send him somewhere
else on his nightly rounds, unless of course he lives in or around your
property, in which case, unfortunately, you may have to relocate him. Problem
arises there when he (or she) has a family nearby, and you may be orphaning
the kits.
If your yard isn't pup proofed, maybe it's time? With Cajun outside alone, the
racoon is sure not to intrude. If it's the element of suprise you're worried
about at nite, make sure you let the 'coon know you're letting Cajun out by
making some sound like a bell or a horn or a shout of "here comes Cajun!!!"
Maybe just some temporary chicken wire around the deck until the little guy
creates a new route.
Why is he going to the dog's fenced-in area? Is there food there?   Ted
If not,