Re: [PyrNet-L] Travel Warnings

In a message dated 2/28/99 3:43:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, KGHUBGAS@aol.com
writes:

<< Not bad for a free newspaper give-away puppy dragged out from behind a
sofa,
 taken in to our home at 10 weeks old to rescue her from God-knows-what, huh?

Great story.  Very representative of the breed.  Almost all Pyrs have these
same innate instincts and qualities.  Breeding and background seem to make
little difference at present.  I am sure thought with all the many new
breeders out there that they will be successful in eventually altering this.

Senac-Lagrange the great French breed authority said the following:

"The dog of the Pyrenees will remain himself because he is not like any other;
defying all strange surrounding, he escaped the caprice of fashion.
Let us pay tribute to this magnificent dog of ancestral nobility, who can
assert his perpetuity without flagging during the passage of centuries."

Bernard Senac-Lagrange-1930

I am not sure "caprice of fashion is what is happening now, but I pray that
our breed can escape it.

Joe