[PyrNet-L] Seamus drinking and peeing

Susan - Although I can't suggest any ideas for the reasons behind Seamus's
excessive drinking and peeing, I can think of something that might be worth
trying.  Last fall I became interested in Carole Boyle's ideas on feeding dogs
natural foods, and we switched our two Pyrs (Travis and Sugar) to a natural
food diet.  I can't think why I didn't do this years before; it is really not
at all difficult and they seem much perkier...

A side effect is that they drink *much* less water, Travis in particular.  I
think the real reason is that their food is so full of moisture.  Their diet
is 50% brown rice, 25% frozen (but microwaved to room temperature) kale,
collard greens or broccoli, and 25% ground chicken, sardines, tuna, liver or
eggs (whatever protein is cheap and easy).  Aside from making 2 big pots of
brown rice every week and having a freezer full of whatever was on sale at the
meat counter, it is extremely easy to do.  And I throw in whatever stray
carrots or leftovers are hanging around the fridge.  Travis has slimmed down
to all muscle and is in the prime of his life.  Sugar, who came to us as a
rescue pudge, is still pudgy.  I can only blame my portion control.  The dogs
easily go 12 hours without peeing (not that we make them do that!) and seem in
excellent health, without the itchy skin Travis has had in other years.

It might be worth trying, if only for a couple of weeks.  We got so worried
about their lack of drinking that we began to give them 1-2 cups of skim milk
with breakfast!  Good luck
Gerry, Tuff Travis and little mutant Sugar.