Re: [PyrNet-L] re: further on the word of caution from Mount Hope, Ontario

Canadian Breeders unite.
Just kidding, sort of...

Does anyone know the legality of selling Canadian Purebred Pyrs as
un-registered? Or with the option to register or not. I assumed it was
definitely illegal to offer the option. But who administers this law. I
thought it was the same federal law under which the Canadian Kennel club
was formed. Would this be administered by Agriculture Canada? I can't
see police wanting to get involved. Does this law have any teeth? Has it
ever been inforced? Would AgCanada's former food inspection people (now
the quasi-independent Canadian Food Inspection Agency) be involved, I
think they handle similar situations in race horses.

Just curious.

--
Joe Fonseca

joes@julian.uwo.ca