[PyrNet-L] pictures of mighty texas dog walk

Last month, February 20th, members of Capital Canine Carting
Club and Hill Country Great Pyrenees Club walked 3 miles for
charity.  The walk was to raise money for Texas Hearing and
Service Dogs and set a Guinness Book of Records for dogs and
walkers.  We do things big in Texas......2,112 were
walked......which nearly doubled the Guinness Book of Records
figure for dogs walked set last year in Canada.  To be listed, the
number must be confirmed with Guinness.  The event also raised
about $20,000 for charity.

There are some pictures on my website at
http://www.jump.net/~janices (scroll down to Mighty Texas Dog
Walk) and pictures on our Capital Canine Carting Club website at
http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/CCCC/WalkPics.html

Not too long after the event I was picking up dog food and we were
talking about the event and the manager had been told about all
these "white newfoundlands" that were at the dog walk and he tried
to correct them by saying "don't you mean great pyrenees."

Janice, janices@jump.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Leander, TX
Visit Old West Newfoundland Club's website at
http://www.jump.net/~janices/ownc/