Re: [PyrNet-L] HEALTH: Clondike's Miracle Anal Sac Cure

Give the Benadryl orally. The capsules or pills are much easier than the
liquid unless you want a Pyr with a pink front. They Do Not like the taste.
I start with 25mgs and go up from there. I usually buy the hypoallergenic
variety, (no dyes or colorings) 50 mgs (1 or 2 pills depending on the
strength of the antihistamine). Don't forget about cutting the hair away and
using rubbing alcohol. When I'm showing I don't cut the hair away but it
clears up faster if you do. Make sure the spot is completely healed before
you stop the treatments. Gold Bond powder helps but I had problems with the
powder getting stuck to the area and having to scrub it off which can
irritate the hot spot. Always watch closely for adverse reactions when
starting a dog on Benadryl or any new medications as you don't know what
their reaction could be. I've never heard of a dog who had a problem with
Benadryl but you never know.

Barb Bowes, NJ down at the shore!
Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy the Pyr Shep