[PyrNet-L] Re: PYRNET ADMIN THREAD

In a message dated 3/20/99 4:10:16 PM Pacific Standard Time, pyreau@erols.com
writes:

<<  We would hope that this list
 can continue to be a positive force for Great Pyrenees owners and
 prospective owners. If not, maybe we ahould close down the list.

 Sincerely,

 Jack & Charlotte Perry

   As one who got real tired of this thread right away and just hit the DELETE
key when it came up, I'd hate to see anything change as far as whether the
list is monitored or closed down.  The majority of us are mature enough to
know garbage when we see it and know to treat it as such. Frankly since I was
hitting the DELETE key I did not read the post by "Sally" that you are
referring to.  Perhaps it was better for the post to be made on the list
instead of going privately to someone that is a list member.  As one that had
that happen to me, I can tell you it is quite unpleasant and people can get
even more hateful and threatening and harrassing to you and your dog (as
happened to me) when they know that other list members will not see it.  So be
thankful that it was public and others know how horrid the person was and are
willing to do something to stop them.  When you are harrassed privately you
feel worse I think.  I would suggest that the parties involved also block that
person from e-mailing them privately by using their mail controls to block
them. That is what I did.  We are adults and can tell if someone is being
horrid and unreasonable and can hit the DELETE key.  I support an unmonitored
list and free speech.

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.