Re: [PyrNet-L] Introduction

Hi Pyr-lovers:
Thought I would finally introduce myself after being a "lurker" on this list
for a while.  I became "owned" by my first Pyr in 1988, when I brought
"Summer" home from the breeder at 8 weeks of age.  She was the joy of my life
and we had 10 wonderful years together.  I lost her to osteosarcoma in
February 1998.  In June 1998 I adopted a delightful 15-month-old female Pyr,
Heather, from the Pyr Rescue here in Southern California.  Now she is the joy
of my life and has really help to ease the pain of losing Summer.  Heather
and I are currently preparing to become a certified Pet Partner team with
Delta Society's Create-A-Smile Animal Assisted Therapy program.

I have been following Clondike Kintsfather progress with tears and smiles
from the beginning, and enjoyed the wonderful pictures of her success at the
National in Chicago.  What a girl!  Keep up the good work, Clondike!

To Elisa and Boris:  With regard to Boris' osteoarthritis, I wonder if your
vet has suggested Cosequin DS.  My nephew's 8 year old Newfy was diagnosed
with arthritis in his back and back legs, as well as slight hip dysplasia in
the left hip.  He weighs 200 pounds and it was taking him 6 to 8 attempts to
get up on his back legs.  Our vet prescribed Cosequin DS, which supposedly
helps rebuild cartilage, and even though he gets up slowly, it's usually on
the first try. He still can't walk very far but it is a definite improvement
over the way he was.  Just a thought for Boris.

Linda
and Heather (the rescue Pyr) and Bear (the goofy Newfy)
puddinwood@aol.com