[PyrNet-L] safety of newspaper

I have two new puppies - male and female - both from the same litter and
approximately 7 weeks old.  Right now my husband and I are keeping them in a
large exercise pen, when we cannot watch them.  We are going through alot of
newspaper to cover the floor.  We are concerned because we noticed that they
are actually eating quite a bit of the paper each day.  Can it harm them?  Is
there something else that we should use instead of the newspaper?  Thanks.

Jen