Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr Bathing

In a message dated 4/11/99 6:06:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
naughty.dog@juno.com writes:

<< But normally he only get's them every 3 months or so . Am I not giving
 baths often enough or does it just depend on the animals surroundings ?
 Jodi Slusser ( Bailey's mom )

   This is a dog with hot spots and vets often then suggest bathing as often
as weekly with a shampoo that helps fight the itching that makes them prone
to infection. A year ago Albert had this problem and his vet suggested
bathing weekly with an oatmeal shampoo with some other things that help their
skin and coat and relieve the itching. It was a shampoo with oatmeal and
other goodies called Relieve. Now that he is over  the hot spots and we know
what caused the problem originally he is back to normal and seldom needs a
bath.  Now we can go months in between usually.  But dogs with certain
conditions need special care. We should all keep that in mind.  Just as they
may need special medications or special diet or something when sick, they may
need a different bathing/hygeine routine as well with certain problems. We
shouldn't encourage them to go against vet's instructions without knowing all
the facts.
Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.