Re: [PyrNet-L] First Sighting

Boy this takes me back!  My first Pyr sighting?

I am a paramedic and responded to a call.  Next door in the neighboors yard
was a HUGE ball of tangled unkempt  fur.  Tail in a "wheel", bass voice
booming his dissapproval of our disturbing his relm.  I, of course did not
have time to take this issure further, but I will never forget the sight of
this magnificant animal.  Time passed and while stationed at a different
ambulance base accross from a Holiday Inn in downtown Wichita KS., I went
outside to help wash the unit and walking a brace of perfectly groomed Pyrs
was a lady who was there at a show.  I just melted!  Such elegance and
beauty, the traits they carried were the traits I looked for in my fellow
man and I was sold instantly.  As years passed I moved to the Ozarks onto a
farm.  Living alone at the time in a very isolated area with no phone, I
awoke one night to find a stranger standing at the foot of my bed.  Luckily,
he left at the end of a gun, and found his drunken way home.  I realized
that my "protection", a black and tan, beagle mix, was off in the woods
chasing deer!  I needed something a little more reliable.  It was all the
excuse I needed.  I owned my first Pyr puppy before the week was out.  The
biggest mistake I ever made in my life!  Now look at me.  Hooked on Pyrs.  I
own 7 at the moment with a litter due today!

For 13 years I have centered my lifestyle around my Pyrs.  I have known some
good dogs.  I have known some GREAT dogs.  I will know many more before my
time is done because they are the epitimy of the word DOG!

Jackie

Tanimara Great Pyrenees
Jackie Wood Owner/Breeder
2242 Co. Rd. 5800
Willow Springs MO 65793
tanimara@bigfoot.com
ICQ# 16519574

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

"Yigaquu osaniyu adanvto adadoligi nigohilvi nasquv utloyasdi nihi!"
(" May the Great Spirit's blessings always be with you")  Cherokee