Re(2): [PyrNet-L] parvo and other matters

Tammy, this is really scary. I know that no vaccine is totally
failure-proof, but this seems to have come on and progressed so quickly.
What treatments was she getting at the vet's? Did you leave her there
overnight? It seems that you did everything right, but I'm left wondering
what treatment, if any, is given in those circumstances.

Also: Our new vet has Paddington on a regimen of Synovicre (glucosamine
etc.) and 75 mg of rimadyl twice daily, for the arthritis in his knee
where he had luxation surgery as a puppy. It seems to be having wonderful
effects in terms of his general sense of well-being. He's more playful and
just seems to have more joy in life than we've seen for a while. However,
I've heard that rimadyl can have other problems (liver damage) when given
over a long period of time. Our vet says there is no need to do blood work
if he is asymptomatic, which he seems to be. Does anyone out there have
experience with this medication? I love his renewed  energy and
playfulness, but don't want to take risks of serious side effects.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose