Re: [PyrNet-L] Breeding - American vs French

I agree with everything you said Carol.

I prefer the taller, bigger Pyr.  Who are we but Americans to change a
French dog?  I find it amazing that because some breeders are unable to
breed size back into their lines (or may not wish too, whatever the case),
the standard was changed to eliminate the word immense and add the word
"medium" in places.  I do have a bitch more in keeping with the "new"
standard.  However I also have two bitches 29 1/2" weighing 120 lbs which I
much prefer and will breed into my lines and others to regain the height
that has been lost with many Great Pyrenees of today.  Just MHO.

Carrie Coffman