Re: [PyrNet-L] Breeding - American vs French

I usually don't post to these lists but I couldn't resist on this one.

I also tend to agree with what you are talking about except if (and if IS
the critical word here) we can do better why not allow for change.  If we
automatically accepted everything that was European as being "better" you
would currently be living in the United States of England.  I think it is
somewhat unfair to discount the hard work that North American breeders have
been doing for many decades.  Take a look in the show rings here too.  While
there certainly are some problems, there are also some spectacularly
beautiful animals running around in the Pyr ring.

For what it's worth, I believe, what makes a GREAT Pyrenees is that
wonderful Pyrenean personality.  That air that they seem to carry.  I feel
much worse when I see a shy or aggresive Pyr in the ring than when I see a
27 inch male or a 25 inch female.  Thankfully, while it still exists, this
is becoming a more and more rare occurance.

My two cents worth,
Doug Hustins
Acroyar Great Pyrenees,
Brooklin, ON, Canada