Re: [PyrNet-L] Triglycerides & Cholesterol

Tim,

Did your doctors say the pancreatitus is a direct result of the diabetes?  My
husband has had 3 hospital stays from pancreatitus, all the pain, no food, no
drink, IV,etc but has never been tested for diabetes.  His cholesterol has
always been low.  All levels in most desirable ranges.  He's not had an
attack for 8 years now.  All 3 attacks occurred within 6 years or so from the
time he was 22 till  about 28 years old.  Is that a common age for this
problem?

(Sorry, list, for non-pyr subject).

Also, Tim, can you give me the name of the software RE:  nutrition you
bought?  I would be interested in finding recipes with proper nutrition for
my 16 month old male Pyr.  His vet says he needs to be fattened up.  He
weighs 74 lbs. today but weighed only 68 lbs four weeks ago when a friend
became alarmed at his size and recommended her vet.  He weighed in at 66 lbs
in Oct as a 10 mo old pup and had only gained 2 lbs. when I brought him in
for boosters, etc in March.  My original vet thought that was great.  They
believe that the skinnier a giant dog is, the longer he'll live.

I've been working very hard at trying to get Zeke to eat more but am worried
about adding too much to his diet of the foods that cause humans medical
problems.

Have been enjoying the debate as to proper size and type on the list the past
few days.  My old vet must be from the "American" type mind-set but obviously
to the extreme.

Thanks, Tim and List for your patience with such a long message.

Matty Costa
kimbazeke@aol.com
Hooksett, NH