Re: Re[2]: [PyrNet-L] Re: Size

In a message dated 5/7/99 10:08:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Steven.K.Slusser@osfhealthcare.org writes:

<< Does anyone still have the Westminster Show on tape?  During the voice
      over, that "brief" description of the breed given while the dogs are
      being put through their paces;  if I recall correctly, the GP is
      referred as "the gentlest of the gentle giants ..." >>

Westminster is a dog club and not one that is affiliated with the Great
Pyrenees in any form that I am aware.  The Westminster Kennel Club is a
member club of the AKC just as is the Great Pyrenees Club of America.  I
don't think they are in the business of defining the breed to anyone.

Joe