Re: [PyrNet-L] early spaying/neutering

On 7 May 99, at 7:28, clhenke@juno.com wrote:

> Undescended testicles can be a big problem,
> and do need to be removed, but at what age, 6 mo. 9 mo.?  I am sure there
> are Vets. who have a different time frame for this too!

We have a dog coming into rescue with one undescended testicle, the
owners vet was still waiting to see if it would descend and the dog
is 10 months old.  I imagine each vet has different thinking. It's my
understanding that if testicles have not descended by 8 weeks, it is
unlikely that they will. But then there are probably no set rules for
this either.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico