Re: [PyrNet-L] markings & size

>In a message dated 5/7/99 7:38:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>naughty.dog@juno.com writes:
>
><<  Basically what I'm trying to say is we
> should be more concerned with the "treatment" of animals than their
> appearance.  That should come only when there are no more abused and
homeless pets >>

JGentzel@aol.com wrote:

>If we ignore the breed characteristics and not be concerned to breed to
some standard, there will be no more identifiable breeds, only "Dog."  When
the day comes that dogs are no longer abused will be the day when they are
no longer owned by people.  We need to be a little realistic in our
expectations of the breed.

I agree with you Joe and besides there are many correct pyrs out there with
correct temperments as well!    You may not see them at the shows but they
are out there.   I fell in love with pyrs from pics of those from france.
I was lucky enough to have one in my neighborhood - Barbs "Bo" is a
beautiful dog with outstanding temperment and every day I walk by her house
I would stop and admire him and he knew it!   He would cew back at me, and
till this day he still does it - just a little "my handsome Bo" gets him
going.

Please don't forsake the beauty of this breed for size - in time with
careful planned breedings we can get back the look that so many of us fell
in love to begin with and what the breed should be.

Dianne Migas - NJ
jdmigas@email.msn.com

Have you hugged your Pyr today?  Gunner's off to the "Fat Farm"
and Murphy's still ROTF laughing!  Ha! Ha! "FAT BOY"