[PyrNet-L] Re: standard

<<I think that's where the height/weight ratio comes in Lene, and the
height
should come from length of leg and depth of body. Not having seen the
French
Pyrs in the flesh, only on video I do not know what their coats and
presentation are like. We've been brought up to believe that to present a
dirty ungroomed dog is an insult to the Judge and to your fellow exhibitors
and to me the well groomed coat is the finishing touch. The word elegance
is
in the NZ Standard. Will continue this later on but most unwell at present
unfortunately.
Best wishes Jan >>

Yes, but when you look at what is written in general appereance in the UK
standard and remember that there are no upper limits to either height or
weight, there is nothing to indicate that it should not be a heavely built
dog like a newfoundlander or a saint bernhard even though the head is
different. That is why I believe that the word elegant has to do with the
build of the dog as well as the head.
In my part of Europe (Scandinavia) it is also usual to show pyrs
wellgroomed, but shouldn't the standard describe what a typical pyr is
like, not necessarily what he looks like groomed for a show.
Sorry to hear your are unwell, get better  Lene

Lene Nielsen
Denmark
sandybear@intercity.dk
http://home.intercity.dk/~ic0795/