[PyrNet-L] Re: Size, et al

<<If people you look at true type like your old dog Wizard
and his father Dire, they would know what we speak.

Yes, those two were some of the dogs I thought of, when I said in my first
letter, that I had seen pictures of American pyrs with much better type
than the winners from your national, and I find it a shame if they are not
widely reckogized as having true type.

<<oo many can not even discuss these subjects without quickly
lapsing into divisive partisanship for their particular preferences. Over
the
years, I've found that most folks tend to stick with the "style", for
good or ill, of Pyr with which they first fell in love. This would
only be natural. Some chord inside them was plucked which said "Now THIS is
MY
kinda dog". Whether that means a lumbering, drooling, droopy-eyed beasty,
or a tiny, snipey, wisp of a thing, it's equally hard and rare for people
to be
open to persuasion by the words "no - now THIS is what you should love
instead" if it doesn't match the picture in their hearts. Only those who
can separate the Breed from their backyard and come to equally love the
abstraction are open, through educated, to a true change of heart.   >>

How true, and this of course is why there are standards and it is important
to keep
reading them and trying to understand them.

Lene Nielsen
Denmark
sandybear@intercity.dk
http://home.intercity.dk/~ic0795/