[PyrNet-L] Allergic Reaction

Janice,

We once had a puppy get into a ground hornets nest. We had taken
the puppies out of their pen to give them "quality" time in the
fenced in yard, and one little guy stumble toward me. I picked him
up and he was covered with hornets stinging him. He was going
into shock. Called the vet and raced him there. My friend
drove while I pulled the hornets off him. By now he
was totally limp. The vet was waiting for him with a shot of
adrenaline, and poof he was fine. He was placed with a medical
doctor's family who had no problem with this reaction. They
felt that knowing about it, they would be prepared to deal with
it. So watch Mattie. You also may want to talk to your vet about
a prescription for Epi-Pen, a self injecting shot of adrenaline.
I carry one with me all summer long since I am now violently
allergic to bee stings. It seems that as I was pulling these
bees off the pup, I was being stung. But my adrenaline was flowing,
so I did not react at the time. A single bee sting years later
made me blow up and seek medical help.