Re: Re: [PyrNet-L] Fentanyl

<<Maybe a different dosage of Fentanyl should be researched
specifically for Pyrs due to their hyper sensitivity to narcotic painkillers,
because I think it is an effective drug in the right dosage!!!!>>

In humans, Fentanyl patches are a Godsend. Honestly, I see many patients with
them. So Tom has a point regarding doses. The patches come in dose-release
sizes; perhaps a dose that would ordinarily be considered too small for the
Pyrs weight would be a better choice.
As far as the use of Fentanyl in other situations, it is used in conscious
sedation of surgical patients and run into a catheter into the spinal canal
for post-op pain. Some people are really senstive to the spinal route, others
as chipper as if nothing was going on.......

Kathy