[PyrNet-L] Greetings again! -Reply

I would like to relate our rescue experience:

I have been a volunteer at our local Humane Society shelter, and two Great Pyrenees came in to the shelter.  They had been spotted running loose for two or three months in the northern part of our county.

I told our neighbors, who were quite interested.  They decided to take the male, who was already neutered.  They convinced us that the two should not be separated, and offered to pay half the spay fee -- so we got the female.

We live on a lake about five miles from town, and have LOTS of dogs in residence.  We had absolutely no problems with either of our dogs -- they adjusted wonderfully to all the other animals -- cats, too.  They are the most loving creatures I've encountered in a long time -- always nudging to be petted.

The only drawback with small children is their "pawing" for attention.

I personally don't think we will ever get a puppy again.  We've had better luck with three rescued dogs, two mixed breed and the Pyr, than with a mixed breed pup and a purebred Brittany.

Good luck to you all

Leslie Swaner
Robinson, IL