Re: [PyrNet-L] Perhaps you can help

>We just moved into a new house and my husband is very concered about where
we
>keep the dogs; they weren't very kind to our last house.  We have his
clients
>and potential clients over frequently, so my house cannot smell or sound
(!)
>like a kennel, or have white fluffy hair flying around.  We're building a
dog
>run -- a fenced-in gravel areas for them to run around in and do their
>"business" in.
>
>The problem comes in trying to decide where the keep them during the day
when
>we're both at work and at night to sleep.
>Marcia

My own dogs are outside during the day when I am at work and have access to
me and the house when I am home.  I have found that this works well for me.
As long as your outside area has adequate shelter, fences etc, this should
be no problem.  Have you thought about a compromise regarding house access?
Perhaps, depending on the layout of your house, you could give the dogs
access to areas like the kitchen and bedrooms when you are there, but not to
areas like the lounge and dining room where you entertain guests.  You can
block these off using 'baby gates'.

Tracy Bassett
espinay@dynamite.com.au
Canberra, Australia