Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Health Issues/Bloat

     I have a standard poodle who has had gastral torsion TWICE, the second
time even after his stomach was tacked down! I know that a significant factor
in a dog experiencing this is if they wolf down their food. I work at a
boarding kennel, and we have to be very careful with feeding the deep-chested
dogs, especially Great Danes. If they inhale their food even before you put
the bowl down, there could be a problem. The same with drinking water, so I
don't know if kibble really has anything to do with it. Just stress on the
stomach at the right moment... Anyway, if you catch it in time and know what
symptoms to look for, the dog can be saved. Our poodle is still very active
at eleven years old! But he does love his food... Hope this helps!

-Emily Hainsworth
Castle Rock, CO
D3melza@aol.com