[PyrNet-L] Giants/Bloat/Poetry!!

Cindy, as you say the Libraries are full of dog books written by Authors who
know little or nothing about the specifics of the Breeds mentioned in their
books and the information is of a general nature. More involvement in your
chosen Breed means more searching for info and a thirst for knowledge. Many
of the dogs books(general) I bought years ago because they had a photo of a
Pyrenean now sit on the bookshelves unopened now. They have taught me
nothing compared to the books written by Pyrenean folk.

Bloat is not a great problem here but of course far less numbers of
Pyreneans. I am aware in another Large Breed that this is a problem and yes
Joe it has been known to run through a certain bloodline more than another
so maybe something to include in the Health discussions.

Been away to shows in the South Island this weekend just gone so must be
feeling better or just plain crazy. One show had an Australian Judge who
obviously felt the need to "show off" his knowledge of the Pyrenean Standard
by saying to my daughter with the puppy as he started to examine the head
and I quote " Ah, the head of a brown bear but with the ears falling down".
She came out the ring and said to me , Mum he's nuts, he's just quoted a
poem to me"!!  Once she explained what he had said I then had to tell her
that comment was taken out of our standard some years ago. Her comment was,
I'm just the handler!! She's now primed for the next time this remark is
made with the reply "Yes what a shame it's been removed from our Standard"
Mr Judge may well have to go and re-read his Standard!!
Best wishes
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/